Journal Entry - Week 3
One study tip topic that I spoke about in my previous journal entry was the need to review notes immediately. To address this, I reviewed the notetaking study tip topic which introduced a method that intrigued me – use colors during notetaking. Reflecting on this, I realize that with the use of an iPad and apple pencil, I can easily switch between colors seamlessly – not reducing efficiency and helping me retain 50-80% more information according to the article.
This week’s reading about ethics taught me a lot about how different parties see ethics differently. For example, a corporation may incorporate ethical-egoism and push a product such as a self-driving vehicle before it’s truly ready. However, a consumer or safety advocacy may push for Kant’s ethics and fight against it.
Reflecting on my readings this week, I learned the importance of understanding ethics as a future software engineer. I also became aware of how it is relative to a degree since there is no universally right or wrong answer per se. The reading about what a CS major needs to know made me reflect on the knowledge I should build on. The reading stated how I should be able to install and administer a Linux distribution and configure a web server. This specific snippet made me realize that while I may have a specialization; that I still should possess broad knowledge of other CS skills as well.
Code of integrity is important for me and other students because it helps us become honest and knowledgeable graduates of this program. By doing our own work and not engaging in the disallowed activities listed in the code of integrity, we learn the material as intended by our professors and uphold the reputation of the university.
Comments
Post a Comment