Journal Entry - Week 8
Part 1:
Team 1: Web Weavers
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUv2vh-8NFg
Is the topic well covered?
Yes, the team made a clear overview of SB 53 and I felt well informed about the topic.
Is the presentation clear?
I would say that the presentation is mostly clear though the part where they write “ten to the 26th power” should have been written in proper Latex form.
How is the quality of the research?
The research quality is strong though I wish there were more slides to visualize more topics.
How is the quality of the video production?
The quality is okay, while functional, it felt plain with slabs of text and a few images here and there. I think the team should have changed the typography at least.
Is the video engaging and interesting?
The video is moderately engaging though the topic is interesting and relevant.
Is the teamwork evident?
Yes the team work is evident as each part of the video presents new information. From my observation, the video seems like it was a product of collaboration.
Is the video appropriate for the audience (general public or technology professionals)?
Yes, the video is appropriate for technology professionals as it includes some metrics and technical knowledge. Though I wish it was a bit more in depth.
Team 2: EduOtter
Video Link: https://youtu.be/N5EmYxrw5iQ
Is the topic well covered?
Yes, the video offers a strong coverage of deepfakes including how it works, ethics, policy research, and countermeasures. Overall, I felt very informed.
Is the presentation clear?
Yes, the presentation is clear though the music is a bit too loud so I think they should consider reducing its volume.
How is the quality of the research?
The research quality is solid and includes examples across a pre-2023 timeline such as a 2017 example on Reddit. Overall, I felt that the team worked hard to research the topic.
How is the quality of the video production?
The quality of the video is good though varying. One part included a teammate speaking while other parts included a static slide. I would like to see more consistency and potentially more slides.
Is the video engaging and interesting?
Yes the video is engaging mainly from the information it provided. While not visually compelling, I feel that the video is more interesting as a podcast.
Is the teamwork evident?
Yes the teamwork is evident as the video touches many topics rather than repeating the same things. However, I still wish there was more consistency in the video.
Is the video appropriate for the audience (general public or technology professionals)?
Yes, this video is appropriate for technology professionals as the video is informative and includes relevant details in the 2020s.
Team 3: OtterBots
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppd_upisIGI
Is the topic well covered?
Yes, the topic is well covered as it discusses the history, technical details, policies, and future outlook of the drone delivery industry.
Is the presentation clear?
Yes, I would say that the presentation is clear and consistent. The use of videos throughout the presentation helped me stay focused on the topic.
How is the quality of the research?
The research quality is good as it includes real life programs such as Amazon Prime Air and FAA regulations.
How is the quality of the video production?
The video production is excellent. The narration is strong and the inclusion of videos made the video engaging.
Is the video engaging and interesting?
The video is engaging and interesting due to the topic that can impact all of us and the use of videos.
Is the teamwork evident?
Yes, the teamwork is evident. For example, more than one of the teammates had their camera turned on during their narration of their part. This tells me as the viewer that they collaborated to ensure this was done.
Is the video appropriate for the audience (general public or technology professionals)?
Yes, the video is appropriate for technology professionals as it includes technical detail, regulations, and ethical questions.
Part 2:
In CST 349, I learned a lot about the importance of time management, collaborating with teammates, and keeping up with deadlines. For someone who transferred from community college, this course served as a great introduction to the workload and expectations of a university. My team has communicated and collaborated very well. I never felt discouraged from asking questions or stating my input. Using Slack to communicate has been great since we feel a sense of camaraderie as we complete group work. In terms of improving collaboration, I would say that we should consider starting assignments sooner so we have more time to parse details and ensure our work is even better.
Comments
Post a Comment