Journal Entry - Week 2 (CST 338)

 

This week, I learned a lot about unit tests, git comments, and interfaces. Using git commands is  a great way to manage a large project especially with multiple people working on it simultaneously. For me, I worked on writing more detail in my git commit messages to ensure that my future self and others can understand what I did in my commit. Interfaces for me were a throwback to AP Computer Science in high school where I learned about them in Java. They are useful for organizing code so that I can clearly see which methods are available alongside their return type. It is great for large projects. This week, I also learned unit tests which allow me to test for example an individual method in isolation to see if it works while not testing the entire script. This is great especially if my entire script isn’t complete or I am trying to troubleshoot a specific problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal Entry - Week 4

Journal Entry - Week 2

Journal Entry - Week 5