Journal Entry - Week 4 (CST 338)
I worked with Tim Shaker.
My strategy for solving my assignment was to carefully review the documentation, and try different approaches until I figured out the best approach. I didn’t start coding right away as I planned a bit first in my head rather than on paper.
My partner Tim’s strategy included reading the documentation and scaffolding the classes. Tim made sure all syntax errors were resolved before running the tests. Once the unit tests passed, Tim reviewed everything and made sure the comments were consistent.
I would have planned out my code on paper first rather than relying on my brain to keep track of my strategy.
My partner says that I tried my best to do it and that I could improve on the description of my comments. I did not know I can automate the styling but I will look into it.
The most challenging aspect was to code the methods takeDamage, attackModifier, etc. in Monster.java.
The most interesting part of this project was the inheritance aspect.
I am most proud of doing this project after not coding in Java since senior year in high school. This project brought back a lot of memories of the syntax of Java that were a bit nostalgic.
I celebrated by playing video games on my PC.
Comments
Post a Comment